Please submit your article to:
Please attach the article to the email as a Microsoft Word Document.
Homeland Defense Journal Online creates a forum for the
useful flow of information between the private and public sectors
that will positively influence and hasten the development of solutions
to homeland security requirements. Our strategy is forward looking,
to bring into focus those programs, projects, new initiatives and
innovative products that offer potential support to those charged
with the development, testing and deployment of solutions.
Since Homeland Defense Journal Online is dedicated to those
working in all areas of homeland defense, we want to ensure that
the publication speaks to its readers. Although the editors of Homeland
Defense Journal Online are open to accepting unsolicited articles,
we have set forth the following writers' guidelines.
If a manuscript is accepted for publication, the article becomes
the property of Homeland Defense Journal Online, and the
publisher assumes copyright privileges.
If the editor of Homeland Defense Journal would like to
publish your article in print, you will be contacted.
- Manuscripts may not be simultaneously submitted to other publications.
Feature stories should run about 1,000 words.
- Articles must be product-neutral, focused on an event, trend, initiative
- Articles must be unbiased and must include quotes and comments from
at least two knowledgeable experts. If the author is affiliated
with the featured corporation, the article must include a comment
from someone outside of the organization, such as an end user, competitor,
partner and/or financial analyst. We will not run single-source
articles. Press releases will not be considered as article submissions.
- Articles must be written in third person, past tense, active voice.
Associated Press style is preferred. Complete references - including
other published material, sources' names, credentials and phone
numbers - must be included with the submission. References must
be incorporated into the body of the article, not in footnotes or
- The author's name, credentials, address, telephone numbers, e-mail
address and short bio must appear on the first page.
- Authors are encouraged to provide photographs, charts, slides, artwork
or any other supporting material that would enhance the presentation
of the article. Material will be returned upon request.
- Authors assume responsibility for the accuracy of information, and
Homeland Defense Journal Online accepts no responsibility for opinions
or statements offered by authors. Articles reflect the opinions
of the authors and in no way reflect the opinions of the publisher.
- Manuscripts should be saved in Microsoft Word and sent via e-mail
- All copy will be edited for clarity and conformity to house style.
Authors may be asked to provide additional information or to prepare